Beauty Big Bang - Peacock Holographic Powder Review

13:45

Beauty Big Bang recently sent me some products to test and review for you guys. If you don't know who BBB is, they are a nail art company that offers inexpensive nail art products and free worldwide shipping. I was given a budget of $15 to pick out some items that I would like to review, and I decided to try out some nail powders and flakes. Any sort of pigment that I get to buff onto my nails is my favourite thing to review for companies because they're easy to apply and almost always create stunning effects on my nails.


One of the items that I chose to review was Beauty Big Bang's Peacock Holographic Powder. The colour I chose was 9A (Item ID: J2952), which is advertised as a deep bluish green with a holographic sheen. It's listed as $7.72CAD, but currently it is on sale for $3.86CAD. The powder comes in a 0.2g container and comes with an applicator that looks like an eyeshadow sponge. 0.2g of powder doesn't seem like a lot of product, but you only need a small amount of powder to transform your nails. So have no fear, you will definitely have enough powder for several applications!

To apply the product, I first applied a black polish as a base, then applied a gel topcoat and cured it. I then took the application sponge to buff the powder onto my nails, and finished with another layer of cured gel topcoat. 



The product applied very easily and instantly transformed my nails from a plain black to a beautiful holographic manicure. However, the colour that my nails became did not look like the colour advertised on BBB's website. The colour I achieved on my nails was a linear holographic, very deep green/black. Don't get me wrong, it was stunning to look at but it wasn't the colour I was expecting. It also had a bit of a multichrome finish, as it transformed into different colours depending on what lighting I was in. It tended to transform into green, blue, and black hues depending on the lighting around me. 

I should also note that the holo was extremely noticeable in almost any lighting. Usually in dimly lit rooms, you can't see the holographic flecks very well in nail polish. However, the holo shone through in dark and light rooms. I nearly always have to use the flash setting on my camera to make all of the rainbows show on my holographic nail polish pictures, but I took the above picture in natural lighting.

If you guys would like to try out Beauty Big Bang's Peacock Holographic Powder, or any of their other great nail art items, you can use my code BLONDIE for 10% off of your order!

Beauty Big Bang's Peacock Holographic Powder - with camera flash.


You Might Also Like

0 comments