Born Pretty Store Aurora Magnetic Polish Review

08:06

In May, I was contacted by Born Pretty Store to test and review one of their new nail polishes that would be releasing June 1. They rebranded some of their bottle designs and were looking to get the word out. It is now August and I finally got my bottle in the mail! I was beginning to think that I would never get my bottle to review. Usually BPS tells me when the PR packages have been sent, but I didn't get a confirmation so I thought that maybe they just forgot about me. 

But it's finally arrived! 

When I opened the mail, at a first glance the polish looked like a bronzy-green multichrome, and the packaging just said "Lightning" on the bottom. BPS didn't tell me which polish I would be receiving, only that I'd be sent a new polish to review. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a gel polish before I applied it, so I searched their website for "Lightning". After a little digging I found the exact item so that I can actually let you guys know what I'm reviewing today. 

The polish is not a gel polish, but a regular magnetic one! Thankfully I already had a magnetic wand from BPS that I literally received about 1-2 weeks prior for a separate review. Thank goodness, or I wouldn't have been able to review this product properly. I'm so glad that I chose to review a magnetic wand for my last review!


The polish is "6ml BORN PRETTY Chameleon Magnetic Nail Polish Aurora Series Cat Eye Nail Polish Black Base Needed", or as I'll call it for simplicity's sake, "Aurora Magnetic Polish" (Item ID #42398). The shade is Lightning, and they have 5 other shades: Astral Realm, The Gravity, Greenland Night, Fairbanks Arts, and Aurora Borealis. 

Application for this polish is really simple (permitting that you already have a magnetic wand, which you must purchase separately). Apply base coat, black as a base colour, then apply the magnetic polish. I found that thick coats of the magnetic polish work best to achieve a bold, magnetic strip. Thin coats didn't create very defined magnetic design, and you can see this in my images below. I used a thin coat of magnetic polish on my pinky nail because it was my 'test nail', and it had the least noticeable cat eye effect. Next, hold the magnetic wand as close as you can to the nail without letting them touch for 30 seconds. The longer you hold the magnet over the nail the more concentrated the magnetic particles will be in your final look.


This polish had a beautiful multichrome cat eye effect. The colours shifted from bronze to green, gold, and pink depending on the lighting. The above picture is what the product looks like in the shade. Again, I will note that you don't see the magnetic cat eye effect very well on the pinky nail because I didn't use a thick coat of magnetic polish. Thick coats of magnetic polish = more magnetic particles that can be pulled toward the magnet. I guess that's what I get for testing the polish on my picture hand instead of my picture-taking hand.


This picture shows what the polish looks like under a camera flash. Here you can really see how the product can look pink in some lighting!


Lastly, this is what the product looks like under direct sunlight. This is when I found the product looked the most green/gold. No matter what the lighting was, this polish looked simply stunning!

The Born Pretty Aurora Magnetic Polish is now available for purchase on the Born Pretty Store website. If you haven't checked out Born Pretty's site before, I strongly suggest it. They offer a wide variety of inexpensive polishes and nail art supplies. They also offer free worldwide shipping with no minimum purchase! This is my favourite part about their store, because I live in Canada and shipping here tends to be pricy. Plus, for a limited time they have an offer where you can get $3 off a $6 purchase, which is so easy to do because they have so many great items to choose from!

If you purchase one of their Aurora Magnetic Polishes, be sure to tag me on social (@blondiesnails) so that I can check out your magnetic mani!

You Might Also Like

0 comments