Born Pretty Store - Blooming Nail Polish Review

14:07

Born Pretty Store reached out to me to review some more products. While I was browsing what items that I wanted to review, I came across their blooming nail polish (Item ID# 44181). The concept of the polish is that you add the drops of colour over your base colour, and watch the drops spread and bloom. To make them bloom even more, you add drops of their clear blooming polish. Born Pretty even has a helpful tutorial on their YouTube channel if you can't understand their pictorial on their product page on their website.


The colours I chose to review were:

- BP-HI02 The Soul of Cloud (Pink)
- BP-HI01 The Glory of Star (Blue)
- BP-HI07 Stealthy Fog (Clear)

I followed their tutorial... and well... my results certainly didn't look as advertised.


Honestly, I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried light dabs and heavy dabs, I tried using the clear blooming polish underneath, and overtop. I let the polish sit for a minute to let it bloom, I tried adding the clear blooming polish on top right away. And when I used heavy dabs, the product bled all over and stained my skin. Like you can't say I tried. I have 10 fingers. That gives me 10 attempts at trying to make my nails look like the ones in the tutorial. 

My nails looked like I let a toddler do them for me.

And also, this product is definitely alcohol based. My nails smelled so strongly of alcohol for at least a couple hours.

Maybe I'll try this look again in the future. But I think I need to wait until I see more of other people's attempts before I try this look again. I need to understand how other people are getting the product to work for them in order to make it work for me.

But for now, would I recommend this product? Until I learn how to use it properly the answer is hell no

You Might Also Like

0 comments