Beauty Big Bang - Chrome Powder Review

06:27

Beauty Big Bang had recently sent me some products to review. One of them is a beautiful green chrome powder (Item ID#J6463TM-1C). Chrome powders can look gorgeous, but only if you apply them correctly!


One of the main things that you will require to use the chrome powders is a gel top coat. I tried using a regular topcoat at first but it dulled the metallic sheen and made the nails look less like chrome. If you don't use a gel base coat or base colour, you will need to make sure that you create a smooth base for the chrome to adhere to. To do this, using new polish, or an old polish thinned out with nail thinner tends to work best. If you create any bumps or dings in the nail, it will show through the chrome and get rid of the smooth mirror finish.

To start off, apply base coat, then a black polish. Next you can either use regular top coat or gel topcoat before the powder. If you use a regular top coat, you must wait for it to get almost dry, but not completely. If you use a gel top coat, simply cure it under a lamp . Then you need to use a burnishing technique to buff the powder in. Pick up some of the chrome powder with the application sponge provided and tap it onto the nail, then very lightly buff it in. I actually found that using my finger tips allowed me to lightly buff in the chrome powder much easier than by using the application sponge. Lastly, apply gel topcoat and cure the nails again.

I rushed through all these steps and it shows in my final look. You can see some of the bumps and dings under the chrome unfortunately. I also wish that my camera could see my nails how I see them, because they looked much more mirror-like and metallic in real life. They looked much more like the stock photo that I've provided below.

Beauty Big Bang offers a growing variety of nail polishes and nail art supplies, and also offers free worldwide shipping. IF you have't checked them out before, they're definitely worth a try!



You Might Also Like

0 comments