Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Primer - Review

11:49

I love it when products that I need in my life happen to fall into my lap. I really needed a new primer that would be kind to my oily skin when Influenster let me know that I'd be receiving Ole Henriksen's new Banana Bright Primer to review.

The primer is vitamin C-infused, and boasts that it is illuminating with banana powder-inspired pigments. According to Sephora's website, it's ideal for any skin type from dry to oily, and helps nourish and condition skin while prolonging the wear of makeup. It can also be worn alone to blur imperfections and illuminate your face. It is currently retailing on the Sephora website for a whopping $46 CAD.

Firstly, I had mixed emotions about the shape of the bottle. Since when do tubes also have pumps? I'm not sure how that's going to effect the use of the bottle when it nears the end of the product. Will it be easier or more difficult to get product out? I guess I'll have to wait and see until I'm closer to finishing the bottle.

The product itself is nice. Not life-changing, but nice. It smells like artificial bananas that is reminiscent of the early 2000s, and will remind of you of the times you licked your lips to taste that gross but oddly tasty banana Lip Smacker you'd wear because you were too young for lipstick. 

Wait, was that just me? 

Moving forward, the product has good spreadability over the face, and has a very sheer luminescence to it. I'm not talking about shimmery or pearlescent (for instance, I have one shimmery primer that makes you feel like a sparkly vampire), but the slightest hint of shimmer that gives a nice and subtle dewy glow. As someone with oily skin, it's hard to describe it; it's mattifying but still glowy. 

Throughout the day, my makeup has stayed put. I've noticed that it's actually done an amazing job at keeping my foundation from separating; even on the days where I've forgotten to use a setting powder or setting spray. And while my skin is still oily at the end of the day (because I never blot throughout the day), it's not as shiny looking at it usually is. I've noticed that even after crying (I had a tough day at work today) my foundation was still miraculously in place with no visible tear tracks. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this primer, and would almost go so far as deeming it 'holy grail' worthy. The only thing that's tearing me about it is that $46 CAD price tag. If it were even just $10 less I'd be screaming "hell yes, I'll buy this again!" But $50 after tax for a primer is a turn off. I'll have to wait and see how this product holds up in the summer — my most trying season to keep my makeup on my oily face  to see if it's truly a holy grail truly worthy of that hefty price tag.



You Might Also Like

0 comments