Born Pretty Thermal Gel Polish

15:09

Born Pretty sent me a thermal gel polish to review (Item ID#43620). I wanted to try a particular colour that Born Pretty sells called Truth of Lie that turns black from clear. I've already tried one of the thermal gels from this collection, so I knew that I'd like this polish. Born Pretty included one of their thermal gels from this collection in my last batch of products that I reviewed, which I think was an accident because it's not one that I requested or was told that I'd be receiving. But I'll show you both of the shades that I own!

The thermal gel polishes dry with a demi-matte finish, but if you don't like that you can always top it with a glossy top coat. Truth if Lie will change from clear in warm temperatures to black in cold temperatures. I find that one coat works fine, but you can use two coats. Just be wary that the more coats of Truth of Lie that you use, the smokier-looking the clear colour will be in warm temperatures.



I decided that for Truth of Lie, I wanted to add a design underneath the polish. I chose a stringed-up star design from an old stamping plate that I already owned from Born Pretty (Item ID#36245). I was hoping that with the smoky top coat overtop, that the design would look less like stars and more like barbed wire. I really wanted this design to look grungy!


The other colour from this collection that I own is Strawberry Shake. It turns burgundy in cold temperatures and hot pink in warm temperatures!



I love both of these thermal gel polishes and would definitely want to try out some of their other shades! I got so many compliments when I showed people that my nails could change colours too. If you guys are interested in checking out some of Born Pretty's thermal gel polishes, they currently retail for $3.40 CAD and Born Pretty offers free worldwide shipping with no minimum purchase!

You Might Also Like

0 comments