Just A Minute 60-Second Manicure Hand Scrub

09:13

So everyone at my work has been telling me about how great the True Blue Spa 60-Second Manicure Scrub from Bath & Body Works is, and I finally decided to cave and get it for myself. It retails for $13 CAD, and the True Blue Spa and Aromatherapy selection of the store is 99% of the time Buy 2 Get 1 Free (The only time when these selections aren't for this promotion is when there is a special on these products).

This product is a sugar based scrub that helps your skin feel baby-smooth. It's a pink sugary goop that smells pleasantly like grapefruit. The website promises that the product will "make quick work of dull, dry skin and ragged cuticles to give even the most mani-deprived hands a taste of soft, smooth, spa manicure perfection- in just one minute." This product is incredibly easy to use. I start by scooping out a small dollop of the sugary goop and massage it into the skin. You'll notice the scrub start to change consistency from the sugary goop into a rich, thick white lather as you massage your hands. Be sure to pay special attention to the rough areas of your skin.


I bought this product to help repair my cuticles. This past weekend was Black Friday and my cuticles were beyond damaged from opening so many boxes of product at work (ayy, retail life!). This product made my hands feel absolutely amazing after application. Like the name of the product suggests, it is literally a 60 second manicure. I counted to 60 while massaging my hands, and at the 60 mark, all of the sugar crystals had been dissolved. After rinsing, my hands felt incredibly soft, and my cuticles looked as if they'd been repaired almost entirely after the weekend's box-opening ordeals. However, although the product creates a baby-softness for your hands, you can feel that some of the skin's moisture has been stripped away from the application. I would strongly recommend using your favourite moisturizer after this product's use. My favourite products to recommend after usage are Bath & Body Work's Ultra Shea Body Cream or True Blue Spa's "Look Ma, New Hands" Super Softening Hand Lotion. The True Blue Spa lotion is a great way to top off your perfectly pampered hands because it is formulated with paraffin, olive, avocado, and apricot oils as well as antioxidant vitamin E. This product is a fantastic scrub that effortlessly reveals hands that look and feel as though they've spent all day at the spa. Another great thing about this product is that it's not tested on animals!

If you feel as though this product is getting a little 'up-there' in price range, there are also usually coupons that you can use on top of the Buy 2 Get 1 promotion. You can get these coupons from previous purchases, through your email subscription with the store, or via their Facebook page (remember though, if you're in Canada, make sure that you are subscribed to the Canadian emails or that the coupons are from the BBW Canada Facebook page). The most common coupons that you will probably receive are $10 off a $30 purchase. Occasionally, there are also 20% off your purchase coupons. If you find that the product is a little too expensive for your taste, using the coupons is a great way to shave back some of the price and make it a little more affordable. This is an especially comforting note because the product container is only 5oz, and a recommended usage is once day. I chose to use this product sparingly and treat myself to the treatment once every couple days.

All in all, I really enjoyed this product and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs assistance in repairing damaged hands and cuticles. My hands feel soft and my cuticles look repaired! If you still need some persuading before divulging in this product, you can read the testimonies of other users here, on the Bath & Body Works product page.




You Might Also Like

0 comments