Covergirl Total Tease Mascara - Influenster Review

13:43



This week I received a box of goodies to test and review from Covergirl and Influenster! I couldn't be more excited, as I've always loved Covergirl's mascaras (minus the Plumpify one, but that's another story!). I also wasn't even expecting to get this VoxBox, as it showed up in my mailbox a few days before I got VoxBox confirmation email. The VoxBox contained Covergirl's Total Tease mascara, and Katy Kat Eye eye liner. 

The mascara, like most of their brushes lately, seems gimicky with a different-than-the-norm brush that promises length and defined lashes. The brush is different from other mascaras because the brush has two sides. One side has short bristles which are very similar to the Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara's bristles. These allow the wearer to get close to the eyelash roots to create volume and defined lashes. The other end has a smaller addition, with two rows of slightly longer bristles. This smaller end is to help tease out the length of your lashes. I found the best method to tease them out while still getting definition is to use to larger end, smaller end, then larger end again. However, I don't think that the teasing portion of the brush makes a very noticeable difference. Instead, I found that it works best to define my lower lash line, especially near the corners of my eye. I don't think the teasing end is something necessary or very handy, as I find that the normal brush does a very satisfactory job at giving my lashes volume and definition on its own. In my opinion, the mascara was fun to try and a rather decent one at that, but The Super Sizer mascara is essentially the same brush, sans teasing end.

I was excited to try the Katy Kat Eye eye liner because I knew that I needed to replace my current pencil liner soon. The colour that I received was Kitty Kadabra, which is a grey-black liner with some shimmer in it. I have to say that the liner was unfortunately not very pigmented, but it looks very nice for a neutral look because it's not very bold. However, I was hoping for a bit more of a pigmented colour from this liner.

The liner also has a smudge stick on the other end to help soften the lines that you create. But because the eyeliner isn't very pigmented to begin with it may unlikely that you would ever have a need for it. Overall, I can't say that I was "wowed" by this eyeliner, and it's definitely not something that I would go out of my way to buy. The only wow factor I found with this eyeliner was how I broke down crying when I got a new job, and it was the only part of my makeup that didn't budge. The mascara didn't fare as well. It didn't run down down my face, but it all came off as soon as I had to blot my face with some tissue. 

The products were nice to try, but I unfortunately didn't think they were very special or unique enough for me to repurchase. 



A special thank you to @InfluensterCA and @Covergirl for sending me these products free to test and review (#TotalTeaseMascara #contest).

*I received these products free to test and review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are solely my own.


You Might Also Like

0 comments