Ruby Cosmetics - Picture Perfect Brows

17:07


If you're reading this, then chances are that you may be at a trade show. I bet you're at an event, looking up Ruby Cosmetics on your cellphone after seeing a booth for their products being advertised. Or perhaps you've already purchased some of their products and now you're facing buyer's remorse, and wondering, did I just get suckered into buying these?

"For only $50, you can have the brow powder, application brush, a quad of eyeshadow, and a lipgloss!"


The offer truly was alluring. And after the girl at the kiosk spins you around in the chair to look at your reflection, you can't help but think "wow, my brows look amazing!" Your before and after is a stark contrast, and the employee raves about how great the product is. She even says, "I use it myself!"

The website claims that the brow powder gives "up to 24 hour, long lasting applications that are water proof, smudge proof and sweat proof." (Ruby Cosmetics).  Plus, the product comes with stencils for your eyebrows to make application easy and foolproof. It all seems too good to be true, right?

The verdict:

So I purchased the set of goodies from the girl at the kiosk, enjoyed the rest of the trade show, went home, and took a shower. Let me tell you, that eyebrow powder is not waterproof in the slightest; it washes off with ease. The powder looks great on me and lasts all day, and don't get me wrong, I use it everyday because finding a product that matches my blonde brows is a struggle. However, it's not something I'd be willing to drop $50 on again, even if it did come with all of the other goodies.

Speaking of the other goodies, I should talk about how those worked out for me. The eyeshadow quad that I picked up was their Shades of Perfection Eyeshadow in Brown. The eyeshadows weren't very pigmented, and there is a lot of fallout with the product. I also got their Hollywood Shimmer Lip Gloss in Brown, which had zero pigmentation and was the equivalent of just putting sticky glitter on my lips.

And a random side note, the products on their sites are listed at such steep prices that the employees really make you think that you are getting a good deal. The lip gloss is priced at $20, the eye shadow quad is $30, and the brow powder set is set at a whopping $80 (all prices in CAD).

This brand isn't one that I would recommend. The prices are a ripoff and the quality of the eyeshadows and lipgloss just aren't that good. I do like the brow powder, but it's not something that I'd be willing to drop $50 on again.


You Might Also Like

0 comments