Born Pretty Store - Magnetic Polish and Magnet Stick Review

11:51

Last month, I was sent a magnetic polish as well as a double ended magnetic stick from Born Pretty to review. The magnet stick had a rectangle magnet to create a cat-eye effect, as well as a circular magnet to create radial designs. This month, I was sent another magnetic polish and a different double ended magnet stick to review. This magnet sick has a ridged end that can be used to create a snake skin effect by dabbing it close to the magnetic polish, or straight lines if dragged over the polish. The other end has a flower pattern to create floral designs (Magnet stick product ID #42023).

I've already reviewed one of the magnetic polishes from this collection in a previous review, which you can read here. The polish that I chose to review this time was Aurora Borealis which is a gorgeous metallic with a purple and blue shift (Product ID #42398).


This is what the polish looks like applied over black with the flower end of the magnet stick. According to the directions of the magnetic polish, you're supposed to hold the magnet over the nail for 30 seconds. I felt as though this was only good for getting about one flower per nail, as the polish tended to dry too quickly. I even tried to use very thick coats of the magnetic polish to try and make it so that the polish wouldn't dry as fast, but this didn't work very well. As you can see from the image above, the polish didn't have very prominent looking flowers like in the photos displayed on the product page on the Born Pretty website.

After creating the disappointing mani above, I wondered if I used a gel magnetic polish if the effect would look more noticeable. Thankfully, I have gel magnetic polish already that I put to the test. This time, the effect did look more noticeable. The magnetic particles had more time to get pulled towards the magnet because it didn't fully dry util it was set underneath a UV lamp. Unfortunately, the finished look didn't photograph very well for me because of the poor lighting in my house.


Because I didn't have much success with Aurora Borealis polish and the flower magnet stick, I wanted to try it again with a different magnet. This time, I used the circle magnet from my previous review. My results were unfortunately still not very noticeable. I blame the fact that I was doing my nails in a dark room (when the sun goes down, I have horrid lighting in my house!) and because I didn't have the magnets over the nail long enough. Regardless, the finished design still looked very pretty and like the name suggests, very much like an Aurora Borealis!


You Might Also Like

0 comments